Kill process that doesn't have a window.

Post specialized setup scripts you have created here.
hess_joel

Kill process that doesn't have a window.

Postby hess_joel » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:28 pm

How can I terminate a process at uninstall time that doesn't have a UI associated with it?

Gizm0

Postby Gizm0 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:43 am

Well you are not lucky,i'm out of town and i don't have my InstallAWARE here, so i can create a script for you.. It's quite easy actually, you have to call an API to do it.. It's TerminateProcess and before that you have to get the process handle by it's process name. To do that you have to EnumProcesses ( read here -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... cesses.asp ) and get the PIDs and then using the pids to get the process name/handle.
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
InstallAware Software Corporation

Edhy

Postby Edhy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:47 am

Gizm0 wrote:Well you are not lucky,i'm out of town and i don't have my InstallAWARE here, so i can create a script for you.. It's quite easy actually, you have to call an API to do it.. It's TerminateProcess and before that you have to get the process handle by it's process name. To do that you have to EnumProcesses ( read here -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... cesses.asp ) and get the PIDs and then using the pids to get the process name/handle.

Hi Panagiotis,

I am new to IA and have the need to terminate a process which does not have a UI, just the ProgramName.exe.

Would you please post the exact code on how to do this in IA?

I have tried the IA Terminate Program, but that is not working for my case.

Thanks!
Edhy Rijo
Thom Child and Family Services

Return to “Sample Scripts”