2 reproducable bugs related to Windows System Restore

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Steve

American Thanksgiving...

Postby Steve » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:01 am

Tiago
Yesterday, Nov 26 was the Thanksgiving holiday in the US. All companies are closed. Most people are also off today, Friday the 27th as well. I suspect that you will probably receive a reply from InstallAware come Monday.

-Steve

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Yes, this fix is indeed there in version 9 (damaged old versions that are present on the target system no longer limit installation/upgrades to the new version).

Tiago

Postby Tiago » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:31 am

Thank you so very much, mr. Sinan.
Tiago Rocha
Product Technology
www.ppi-multitask.com.br

MarkElder

Postby MarkElder » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:21 am

Actually I just ran into this problem last week so there still seems to be a way for system restore to break InstallAware setups.

No one responded to my post yet, but this post has the information I was looking for. I didn't know where the cached directories for InstallAware were located. I'll go try and delete those to see if my install will run now.

Here is my post: Unable to Load plug-in library - Possible corrupt cache?

I am using version 9.

SteveDude

Nightmare Over...

Postby SteveDude » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:28 pm

This problem about drove me nuts. I had a RAID(0) drive that failed on my build box, which I thought was I fortunate because I had a recent full system backup. After replacing the drives, restoring my system and having to reinstall a couple of programs for license reasons, I encountered an issue that required a system restore. Since that point any installs I created would fail on Windows Vista, not on XP or Windows 7, but Vista only and plus it would corrupt a couple of other programs that then required a system restore on those machines and the cycle repeated. Had v9 for awhile, but because of a couple of non-compatible plug-ins, I hadn't completely moved from 8. Glad I found this post or I could of spent another umpteen hours trying to solve an unsolvable problem. v9's going on now and it looks like for good...Plug-ins or not.

kenwellsied

hellow guys

Postby kenwellsied » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:44 am

just dropping by looking for a good & informative post...good thing I found this great site..tnx
International Expert Directory
The Ultimate Business Resource..
Where EXPERTS Share Secrets..
http://www.internationalexpertdirectory.coM

Return to “Technical Support”