32 Bit assembly, Win7 -> Unable to get assembly information

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
ChrisN

32 Bit assembly, Win7 -> Unable to get assembly information

Postby ChrisN » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:07 am

Hi.

I used InstallAware 9 with Windows XP (32 Bit) and never had problems with assemblies. But now I have a new 64 Bit assembly in my installer and it doesn't work (Unable to get assembly information).
In another forum thread I read, that there's no way to build an installer with 64 Bit assemblies with a 32 Bit OS. So I switched to Windows 7 (64 Bit). But now there's another assembly (32 Bit), that is causing the same problem (Unable to get assembly information).
I've installed the assembly in the global assembly cache, hoping it is solving the problem, but no way. This assembly is working fine, when building with Windows XP, so I think it is ok.
It's only this one assembly that does not work, all the others (32 Bit and 64 Bit) work fine.

Any ideas?

Best regards.

neillans

Postby neillans » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Is your installer running in 64-bit mode? :)
Andy Neillans

ChrisN

Postby ChrisN » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 am

Hi Andy.

I'm not quite sure what you are meaning.

"64 bit operating system" is disabled in the design view. I've used "Set 64 Bit mode" several times to switch between the 32 and 64 bit mode, but I think both settings effect only the installation process not the build process of the installer.
There's only this one assembly making problems. There are a lot more 32 bit assemblies that are included without any problems.

Best regards.

Return to “Technical Support”