Problem with installation on Japanese since IA9

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
hess_joel

Problem with installation on Japanese since IA9

Postby hess_joel » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:47 am

I've got several installers that won't run on Japanese Windows XP since we upgraded to IA 9. Pre-reqs will run fine, but when it starts processing my files, I get an error that it can't find the temp folder anymore.

Any ideas?

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:08 am

Pre-Defined Compiler Variables

CODEPAGE: If unspecified, the recommended English codepage of 1252 is used. Other suggested values are 65000 for UTF-7 unicode and 65001 for UTF-8 unicode, or 0 for codepage neutral. Change this value if your setup installs or otherwise makes use of files with accented or non-ASCII locale-specific characters in their names. Ensure this codepage matches the codepage of your current host system to prevent data corruption in your MSI databases and to ensure the correct codepage is used on target systems, thus preventing issues with incorrectly interpreted file names leading to failures when finding files at install-time. Using unicode codepages will render your setups unworkable on Windows 9X operating systems (Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME); however it will ensure the broadest compatibility on Windows NT operating systems (Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Server 2003, Windows Vista, Server 2008, and Windows 7).
Michael Nesmith
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

hess_joel

Postby hess_joel » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:24 am

And to set this I just put a Set Variable CODEPAGE to 65001 at the top of the install Script?

MichaelNesmith wrote:Pre-Defined Compiler Variables

CODEPAGE: If unspecified, the recommended English codepage of 1252 is used. Other suggested values are 65000 for UTF-7 unicode and 65001 for UTF-8 unicode, or 0 for codepage neutral. Change this value if your setup installs or otherwise makes use of files with accented or non-ASCII locale-specific characters in their names. Ensure this codepage matches the codepage of your current host system to prevent data corruption in your MSI databases and to ensure the correct codepage is used on target systems, thus preventing issues with incorrectly interpreted file names leading to failures when finding files at install-time. Using unicode codepages will render your setups unworkable on Windows 9X operating systems (Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME); however it will ensure the broadest compatibility on Windows NT operating systems (Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Server 2003, Windows Vista, Server 2008, and Windows 7).

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:06 am

No, its a compiler variable that must be set in the Project Options dialog. Please read the help file entry I quoted from for details.
Michael Nesmith

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Technical Support”