Unattended Installation

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
proje

Unattended Installation

Postby proje » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:30 am

Hi,

I downloaded InstallAwareExpress and now want to create a really simple msi package.
The Package should just copy 2 Files into a defined folder. The setup also makes what it should but just with user inputs. I disabled all the "Dialog"s but they still come again.
What is the Problem?
I just have the Shareware Version but I don`t wanna buy before this doesn`t runs.

Dear
Clemens

Gizm0

Postby Gizm0 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:53 pm

If you don't want any dialogs to popup at all, you can use the /s command parameter on the <setup.exe>(replace <setup.exe> with your setup name) on the install package to make the setup "silent".

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:05 pm

This issue is confirmed with Express. Expect an update shortly.

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:32 am

This issue has been resolved - you may reinstall your product to apply the fix.

Note that if you just want to have silent setups, per Gizm0's instructions the proper way to do that is by running the setup using the /s silent install command line parameter.

But for anything else, use the fix :)

proje

Postby proje » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:45 am

Hi,

thank you for your help...but I just have one more Problem.

I tested a long time but I`m not able to make an msi (to install via GroupPolicies Win2003) that makes that:

2 Included Files (Background Pictures) should be copied to c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper

I tested by use c:\\wind... as Program Dir or copied the Files by using a .bat and include this under "Run Programs" but I wasn`t successfull :(

Can you help me? How can I do this??

Thanks

proje

Postby proje » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:39 am

...ok I tested much more Times. The Setup makes what I want - the only Problem is, that the ProduktInstallPath has to be set manual. Can I set this automatically?

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:57 am

I think what you are asking is how to find the Windows directory on the target system? If so, just use the $WINDIR$ variable. For instance, $WINDIR$\\web\\wallpaper as your Target Directory...

proje

Postby proje » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:32 am

Thats right, I have set the TargetDir like $WINDIR$\\web\\wallpaper, but the Installer allways installs to
c:\\program files\\<ProjektName>
The TargetFolder has to been set at "ProjektProberties" - is that right?

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:36 am

Ah no not there...you want to set it in the Files visual view. Leave the default TargetDir property alone - especially if you are installing files in there as well. In the Files visual view, highlight the files/folders to copy to the ...\\wallpaper location (the bottom right region), right-click and choose Edit File(s), and enter the $WINDIR$\\... value in the Install Files window that pops up.

Return to “Technical Support”