Patching

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
hess_joel

Patching

Postby hess_joel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:56 pm

I've created a patch and am attempting to apply it to an installation that was performed using the Compressed Single File installer. I get the prompt for source media, and can't seem to find where it is. I was under the impression that this should be at %temp%\\MIA*.tmp but I have nothing there that registers as a valid source (only the miaXX.tmp created by the patch).

Where can I find the source media?

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Please read the help file, patching section patch source resolution subsection. Also be sure to read the patching whitepaper.
Michael Nesmith
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

wileywilly

Postby wileywilly » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:19 am

Patching can get sticky if you dont do it right - while going through the help, pay close attention to Product Codes as well as the Revision Codes.
Also consider looking into Web Updates

You may want to clear your Temp folder before you start on building and testing your setups.

hess_joel

Postby hess_joel » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:38 am

MichaelNesmith wrote:Please read the help file, patching section patch source resolution subsection. Also be sure to read the patching whitepaper.

I did read the white paper. That's what told me to look in the %temp% folder to start with.

Any other Ideas?

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:14 am

hess_joel wrote:
MichaelNesmith wrote:Please read the help file, patching section patch source resolution subsection. Also be sure to read the patching whitepaper.

I did read the white paper. That's what told me to look in the %temp% folder to start with.

Any other Ideas?
Michael Nesmith

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Technical Support”