Purchased V7...

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
TMacy

Purchased V7...

Postby TMacy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:29 pm

There were two features that convinced us to upgrade to V7. However, I cannot make them work. Looking for what we're doing wrong.

We wanted to install into the GAC, and register for COM interop simultaneously. I don't see that using Install Assembly will cause a registration for COM Interop. But, I do see that Register Assembly has been enhanced to let you browse for an assembly and it will enter the full GAC filename. But, that command won't actually install the assembly into the GAC, based upon our testing.

So... in my media block, I'm now doing two statements... Install Assembly, and Register Assembly. Correct?

And... based upon our testing, we are not getting the assemblies registered for COM Interop using the above approach. We are using OleView, and the TypeLibraries for the COM Interop interfaces are not present after the install (but, the assembly is in the GAC).

I've tried moving the Register Assembly statements (they are black) out of the script being installed by the Web Media Block and placed them inline after the Apply Install. I still don't find any registered TypeLibs when I use OleView.

So what am I doing wrong?

Return to “Technical Support”