Old Version Requests

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
CandiceJones

Old Version Requests

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:55 am

A lot of users have been asking for old versions of InstallAware to be posted on our server for downloading. While our online license server is not able to generate licenses for old product versions (it can only serve the current version license), we would like to help out users who do have their old version licenses but not the trial installers.

Please reply to this topic with your old version requests - so we can upload their trial installers for you, and provide direct download links for them. Please mention the exact versions for the licenses you have, as the trial version needs to be in sync with the license you generated and downloaded when purchasing the product.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

TMacy

Updating to latest 6.x

Postby TMacy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:29 am

I would like to update my current 6.32 installations to the latest 6.x

I have one copy of Studio Admin and two copies of Studio Developer, or something like that.

PKTwo

Previous copy of install aware required

Postby PKTwo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:47 pm

Hello I pruchased our original copy of installaware studioon 4/3/2006 I believe it is version 6.5 can I please have a link to pull down another copy as the computer we had it stored on has corupted and all files have been lost
JP

TMacy

Postby TMacy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:59 pm

You are out of luck. I've been asking for the latest 6.* for over two months. I was involved in another project for the two or three week window where they were pushing the 7.0 upgrade and didn't take the time to try to get my free upgrade to 6.6. I didn't realize that once 7.0 came out, your access to the versions you are entitled to went away. And they won't respond to e-mails to sales asking about it. Now they won't let me have it, per an e-mail from support yesterday. I guess I was just used to the way we treat our own customers.

There is another locked thread where Michael gets quite nasty on the subject. He told someone off and then locked the thread so there could be no rebuttal. Long story short: It is your fault that you did not choose to download a full copy of the install, instead of a web download, as it was made clearly evident that when versions update, access to prior versions is no longer available. And if you downloaded the full version, and lost it, that is equally your own fault and there is no obligation by InstallAware to help you out of your situation.

Why am I responding here instead of someone from InstallAware? Well... As you can see, I posted a month and 1/2 ago, and in spite of what the thread says (use this thread to request an updated version) it doesn't happen and you won't get an official response.

Gizm0

Postby Gizm0 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:24 am

Who said he's out of luck? This is exactly why we created this thread.. To send old versions if we still have them in our repository.
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
InstallAware Software Corporation

TMacy

Experience

Postby TMacy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:29 am

I posted here a month and a half ago. No response. I've left three voice mails for sales, while calling during the middle of the day (normal business hours). And I've left three e-mails to sales.

Based upon my personal experience, he is out of luck.

PKTwo

Experiance Con't

Postby PKTwo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:09 am

I would be thrilled to prove you wrong but unfortunately i have todate experianced the exact same responses. Please show our present experiances wrong
JP

Platformer

Need installer or patch to 6.13

Postby Platformer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:14 pm

I've got an installer which installs version 6.0, but the only instance that can actually create our project is 6.13.

Specifically: 6.13(Build cambridge_sp3.1407)

We would greatly appreciate a new trial installer or license, as not having the installer for the software actually in use makes us feel pretty anxious.

I'd be happy to try a version more recent than that, assuming that it will work for me, that is.

TMacy

Got a reply

Postby TMacy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:36 pm

I got a reply yesterday for the cost to upgrade to 7.0. As I need it to get two features that otherwise leave me dead in the water, I dropped my request for 6.6 I'll decide to go with 7.0, or walk away.

Master Ken

Re Installaware Studio V6.5

Postby Master Ken » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:34 am

Hi,

My company (Apollo Medical Systems) purchase a copy of Installaware Studio V 6.5. Although we have the registration detail we cannot find the software, is there anyway we could get hold of V6.5 so we can continue with the building and distribution of our software.

Kind regards,

Ken
A3 Administrator
Apollo Medical Systems

DaveBaker

I Need to get IA version 6 for download

Postby DaveBaker » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:45 am

I need to re-install Installaware 6.0 Studio version on a new computer. The installation EXE that I previously saved is looking for Web-modules that do not exist.

Can you send to me a link to download a complete installation for IA 6.0 Studio?
Dave Baker

aei

Re: Old Version Requests

Postby aei » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:20 am

Can you provide a link to download a full version of InstallAware 10.10 with runtimes? I have my license file but the internet download will not work for that older version.

royisher

Postby royisher » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Hello,

www.installaware.com/InstallAware_10_With_Runtimes.exe

We do repeatedly ask our customers to back up the installation file since we usually do NOT keep old versions. Please do back this up for no confusion in the future.

Thank you.
Royi Sher
InstallAware Marketing & Sales

reynaldovv

Postby reynaldovv » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Hello, I need the installer for Install Aware Admin 11, it has a reference as Santa Cruz, I do not if that helps. Thanks for your help

lanamor

Postby lanamor » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 am

I didn't realize that InstallAware didn't make available old versions so I need the installer for InstallAware Studio Admin 11 please.

Return to “Technical Support”