Getting rid of \" - InstallAware Wizard\" in window Title

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Rand

Getting rid of \" - InstallAware Wizard\" in window Title

Postby Rand » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:03 am

Could someone tell me how to keep " - InstallAware Wizard" from showing up in the window's Title Bar on the Dialogs?

Alex_Ronquillo
Site Admin

Postby Alex_Ronquillo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Sorry, it is not possible. While companies like InstallShield enforce their branding all over the place in dialogs, the only place we ever do that is the title bar.
Alejandro Ronquillo
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Rand

Postby Rand » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:10 pm

Thanks for answering my question.

Ivan

Postby Ivan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:35 pm

Hi Alex.

The title only does sound better than all over the place, but I would like to ask... why do WE have to enforce YOUR branding at all when installing our applications at our customers? I could even understand that in a trial or express edition... which is not my case.

Cheers.

tltaylor76

Postby tltaylor76 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:46 am

Also, to correct you on a point, you can remove 100% of the branding in InstallShield if you really want to. Modifying their dialogs is not as clean or easy as InstallAware, which is one feature I really like about your product, but it is possible.
Trent L. Taylor
Sr. Software Developer
StrataFrame Application Framework
www.strataframe.net

SteelToad

Postby SteelToad » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Alex_Ronquillo wrote:Sorry, it is not possible. While companies like InstallShield enforce their branding all over the place in dialogs, the only place we ever do that is the title bar.

A bad idea/practice is still bad even if you only do it a little

wileywilly

Postby wileywilly » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:22 am

I think IA is a great product; the support is superb
They have listened to their clients regarding issues as well as features that they needed in the setup builder
I really think they would solve this issue if there was a significant number of IA users requesting to have it fixed. Thats why I am joining the bandwagon

Anyone else cares to join...

SteelToad

Postby SteelToad » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 am

Just so that there' no confusion :

wileywilly wrote:I think IA is a great product ...

^ I absolutely agree with that. I've looked at just about everything trying to find a way around this issue, and IA is hands down the most versatile of the crowd.

wileywilly wrote: ... I really think they would solve this issue if there was a significant number of IA users requesting to have it fixed...

Here's where the problem really is. It's not something that needs to be "fixed", it's a conscious advertising decision on IA's part as is evidenced by the fact that they can remove it if youre willing to pay the extra $$$$$ to be a super-duper partner.

Roostar2004

Postby Roostar2004 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:39 pm

There things in all greate products that should be changed and I see this a being one of them. I thought the idea of depending on the version of the application that you bought was that this could be removed. This way installaware will have more people buying the higher level of installare thus making more money and more users will be happy because this would not be an issue. I see it as a win win.

Return to “Technical Support”