Error message when using Setup Capture feature

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
timW

Error message when using Setup Capture feature

Postby timW » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:24 am

Hi all,

Newbie here. I am evaluating your InstallAware product with the possible purchasing it soon. It works fine if I tried to create a package without using the SetupCapture feature.

However, that is not what I want to do. I want to repackage an installation and create an installer of it. When I tried to use the SetupCapture, it went through the process of capturing, then it said “now you can open it in InstallAware”. I opened that MPR file in InstallAware and tried to Compile it. I received this error message:

Cannot open file "c:\\documents and settings\\ttran\\ntuser.dat.LOG". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Then I tried to Build it, it gave me the same error message

Please advise what is wrong with it. How do I fix the problem? Did I not set it up correctly? I need this sorted out soon so I can give a recommendation to my boss.

Thanks for your response/support.
[/b]

jimo

Postby jimo » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:10 pm

Try commenting out the Install FIle command for the "c:\\documents and settings\\ttran\\ntuser.dat.LOG" you should not redistibute this file.

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:53 pm

Also be sure to read the PackageAware topic in help (just look up PackageAware in the help index).

It discusses this issue and other similar issues in application repackaging.

Return to “Technical Support”